Welcome To the Message Board of SWG Orion Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Domain

3 posters

Go down

Guild Domain Empty Guild Domain

Post  Fravacca Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Ok so here is something we are working on. With very many thank to Sythy, we are going to upgrade ourselves with a website. Not only will we have fourm access but the ability to upload pictures and even video if we so desire. This also gives us the opportunity to span many games while having a central focus. We also get the ability to name it www.whatever we can think of that is easy to remember and isn’t already taken.
Now I want to say that Orion is our SWG guild, but that doesn’t need to be the name of the domain. The way it would work is the domain is X and our SWG guild is Orion and our TOR guild is Y and so on. That way when a game comes along and one of our members wants to start a group/guild in it they have the freedom to name it as they see fit, without sticking to Orion or a theme along that line (after all is Orion the kind of name you would see in a Call of Duty kind of game?). We want to expand our horizons and grow but keep all of us connected, but we need a name.

Last edited by Fravacca on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Guild Domain Empty Re: Guild Domain

Post  Fravacca Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:59 pm

As far as names that are open here is some that we found are open

If we were to go with Orion for the domain name most are taken
orionsboards.(anything) or orionguild.(anything) or orionguilds.(anything) are available
The acronym SEALs standing for Support Educate and Lead
sealsgames.(anything) or sealgamers.(anything) or sealsguild.(anything) are available
The server that Orion came from was Wanderhome, so there is a simple way to honor our roots.
Wanderhome.(net or org) is available

Any ideas you guys can think of I will check for availability and add to this list so we can come to a decision and get this up and running soon.
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelnari Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 am

I think this is a great idea. I also think the domain name should be different than any of the guild names. That way it is something everyone can be apart of even if they do not play each game.

My favorite is Wanderhome.net . I can't imagine any guilds wanting to go by that and it is the origin of where we came from. My second favorite is sealsguild.com. The only thing I wonder with that is if we want to use SEALs in another guild somewhere.
Kelnari
Kelnari

Back to top Go down

Post  Sythy Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:27 pm

another thought came across hows about orionsbb.net? bb being bulletin board
Sythy
Sythy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelnari Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Ryyypt made a good point about Orion not be a good guild name for some types of games. I guess you need to ask yourself if you are wanting to put more importance on Orion than any other guild that we create or bring in. I know with TOR we have people from other guilds that are joining us, and I'm sure it will be the same for other things. For example coming out soon is Killzone 3. Do we want to have a clan name there? .. .if so I don't think Orion would fit well.

So do we want to place the domain for a one guild game name?
Kelnari
Kelnari

Back to top Go down

Post  Sythy Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh I didnt catch that part with Ryyypt last night probably when I was afk.
Sythy
Sythy

Back to top Go down

Post  Fravacca Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Its been decided, and Wanderhome.net is in the process of being created for us, when its all ready ill post something about it. And thanks again to Sythy for doing all this for us cheers cheers cheers
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down