Welcome To the Message Board of SWG Orion Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another idea from the newbie ...

2 posters

Go down

Another idea from the newbie ... Empty Another idea from the newbie ...

Post  Nitebytes Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Forgive me for being a little too 'frothy' about all things guild-based at the moment.
But after a disastrous (non-guild) outing to Hoth, I really enjoyed hitting the Espa-Tuskan instance with the guild. Guys that was great fun (even if we didn't win).

Whilst not an idea that would achieve anything as tangible as XP or badges or GCW points, it struck me that it might be cool once in a while to have an IC party?
We have Traders who can make fireworks (and probably other cool party stuff)
We have entertainers who could provide ... (DOH!) entertainment, music dance (and buffs to those as wants em), and maybe some ID for those who want the ultimate party look... (no? ok.)

Why would we do it?
Well, aside from things like 'Life Day', New Years eve, Halloween, Independance Day, Thanksgiving, Guy Fawkes Night (I had to get one in here for us Brits), and any other well known firework nights I may have missed, there's also the possibility for the kind of 'comming of age' kind of party (21st / 18th / 16th) or other landmark (40th etc?), plus ad-hoc celebrations.
So in IC / Game terms, how about once amonth host a party to celebrate everyone who hit lvl 90 that month?
Or If we come top in a league?
Or anything that deserves a celebration really?

Is it worth it? Would folks show up online just to be sociable with the guild?
Do I need to shut up, and save the world from all my hot air? Wink
Nitebytes
Nitebytes

Back to top Go down

Another idea from the newbie ... Empty Re: Another idea from the newbie ...

Post  Kelnari Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 am

That is a great idea! A long time ago, back when the guild was on Wanderhome, many guilds put together a little bag of celebration for people who did something. Most of the things were as you mentioned, hitting lvl 90 or a Jedi padawan becoming a knight, or even saving the group during a run or pvp. In the bag were a bunch of random things, with maybe one or two more expensive things. Such as food and drink that are good to always have for heroics. It just changed depending on the character and if we knew there was something they had been wanting.

I think if things are planned right and there are fun things to do people will come. I always thought it would be cool to make a large table in the guild hall and put chairs with the guild members name on it. The celebration could be them getting a chair, or even just putting a certain item up on a large wall of guild members name. It's not that they weren't part of the guild before, but level 90 means they can hold their own instead of having to be "hand held".

Another great idea, that I bet Kaami remembers the people more than me, but a group put together an auction back on Wanderhome. Some of the items were really neat, while others were just whatever. Before it started everyone got an item with a number on it, and throughout the auction they would roll a dice. The person who had the number that the dice had was given a prize. I always thought that was a great idea. It keeps people staying for free stuff, and having fun together.

Hope that helps Smile
Kelnari
Kelnari

Back to top Go down