Welcome To the Message Board of SWG Orion Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG?

3 posters

Go down

Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG? Empty Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG?

Post  Nitebytes Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 am

Hi guys,
I've looked through all the options to enable it, or any sign of any key strokes that'll do it. Is there any way to copy/paste within SWG?
Nitebytes
Nitebytes

Back to top Go down

Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG? Empty Re: Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG?

Post  Fravacca Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes, all it needs is for you to keymap it. It’s in options>keymap>chat and its ‘chat edit copy’ and ‘chat edit paste’. It’s still kinda restrictive tho, like when you are looking at a mail you cant copy what’s in it, but if you hit reply or forward then you can copy the text. It does use the same clipboard as the rest of windows, so you can copy something off a webpage and paste it in-game, but for whatever reason you can’t do that with the in-game browser.
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG? Empty Re: Copy/Paste - is it possible lwithin SWG?

Post  Nitebytes Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:24 pm

AH!
Shiney!
This will make pasting info and waypoints in various places (the bazaar for one) much easier.
Thanks.
Nitebytes
Nitebytes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelnari Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:45 am

I have NEVER understood why this was not on default!!! lol
Kelnari
Kelnari

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitebytes Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:01 am

Because they didn't want people copy/pasting massive long macros or macro chains?
But they didn't remove it entire because they knew traders would want to copy/paste item descriptions?
Bah, your guess is as good as mine. Either way I have it working now. Thanks for that. Smile
Nitebytes
Nitebytes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelnari Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

I know when they switched to the new system (it was right when I started playing swg) I read a post from a dev saying the macros were supposed to be there for people who were crippled and could not do certain things on their own. The idea was to given them a way to play the game. That was before they allowed afk'ing.

I still think soe is retarded sometimes...
Kelnari
Kelnari

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum