Welcome To the Message Board of SWG Orion Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft, the game you should be checking out

Go down

Minecraft, the game you should be checking out Empty Minecraft, the game you should be checking out

Post  Fravacca Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:54 pm

In the last month both Kel and I have recently been spending a lot of time playing a independent game called Minecraft. It is an entirely sandbox game, so if objective-less free play isn’t your style of game then it isn’t for you. The game puts you in a world of blocks, made of different material like dirt or stone. When you break a block it becomes something you can pick up. Gathering material to craft with and build structures with is essentially the whole point. Build a castle, an underground lair, a replica Jedi Temple whatever you feel like. If you are a little creative, adventurous, or possibly even demented, you might want to give it a try. There is a free version on the website where you can break and place any block infinatley. The real version is much more enjoyable forcing you to gather material, craft to create new stuff, and dodge monsters trying to kill you too. In a map me and Kel play on I have build a Venitor Star Destroyer from the Clone Wars era. Since its still in a Alpha development stage its quite incomplete with features, and even possibly objective based game modes, are yet to come. While the game is in alpha its half price, about 14-15 bucks. It’s getting close to beta, Dec 20th is the date set now. Once that happens not only will the price go up but all future updates aren’t part of the purchase. If you like sandbox or free form games I highly encourage you to check it out, because now is a good time to buy. For me it’s been possibly the best return on a game purchase, and with over 700 thousand purchases to date I’m not the only one who thinks so. Anyone that buys it we would love for you to join us on our private server.
Here’s a link to the article on IGN that first got me interested in it
http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1133465p1.html
And here’s the games website
http://www.minecraft.net/
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum