Welcome To the Message Board of SWG Orion Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craftnig Info

Go down

Craftnig Info Empty Craftnig Info

Post  Fravacca Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm

This is some info I found on gamespot.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarstheoldrepublic/news.html?sid=6283531&mode=previews
BioWare’s Blaine Christine and Gabe Amatangelo discussed a few details on the subject as well as on the PvP warzones featured in a video this last Friday. Essentially you, the hero and leader of your group, will not also be the uber-crafter on the boat. Instead you will tell your companion characters to go gather materials, and to create items for you. This makes sense after all would you see Darth Vader skinning wamp rats and making boots out of em between conquering worlds? No he has minions to do these things. Aide from the gathering and hunting skills they will possess mission skills. These are used for diplomatic (or evil) missions and for treasure hunting. This system allows for you to focus on being the leader they all look up to. While these tasks can possibly be done with your help too, it also seems that you can queue up commands for your companions that they will then carry out while you are offline.

I didn’t want to completely plagiarize Gamespot so there’s more details in the link up top, plus a little about the PvP warzones. I got to admit, this sounds awesome Exclamation bounce Shocked cheers It totally fits the story and Star Wars in every way. Hopefully it will still have room for specializing and a player created market similar to SWG but not necessary make us so dependent on it.
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Craftnig Info Empty Re: Craftnig Info

Post  Fravacca Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Heres some more detailed info on the Crew Skills system from an interview with Daniel Erickson
http://darthhater.com/2010/11/12/daniel-erickson-on-crew-skills/
I think this all sounds really great so far. At the very least theres something you can do while you wait for frineds to log on, and something to do when you cant log on for a while yourself. Not to mention it helps solve the problem I always have with BioWare games in that I feel like many of my crew never get used, now they shall be put to work Twisted Evil
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum