Welcome To the Message Board of SWG Orion Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats a trader to do?

3 posters

Go down

Whats a trader to do? Empty Whats a trader to do?

Post  Kelnari Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 am

Epi was wondering about traders in TOR. I thought I would start a post for him. As far as I know they have not announced anything. Anyone hear anything yet?

I would assume they have to do something. Doesn't almost every mmo have some kind of trader system?
Kelnari
Kelnari

Back to top Go down

Whats a trader to do? Empty Re: Whats a trader to do?

Post  Fravacca Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:48 pm

The only thing they have stated is that they have yet to state anything reguarding crafting. One developer did say that crafting is an important part of MMO’s, and that the folks at BioWare love their crafting as almost all of their games include some sort of crafting system. I also found this on the Darth Hater site, in an interview BioWare’s Damion Schubert the Lead System Designer for ToR said, “We're really proud of the crafting system. We can't wait to talk to you about it, and it is going to be really soon.”
/SitsAtEdgeOfSeat
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Post  Fravacca Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Some of the first information on crafting has come out, in case you havent noticed the other post I made on it heres a link
https://orion.forumotion.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-discussion-forum-f4/craftnig-info-t21.htm
This sounds like it could be a very interesting system, more 'realistic' the many other MMO's where you are the fighter and the crafter. However it leaves me with questions like if there will be a economy of players making things for other players. This is a fundamental basis of most MMO's so its likely that will play some role but how much? It does sound like you are able to have you companions come with you, gather things while you cover them and shooting bad guys. This leads me to speculate there might be benefits for people who choose to focus on gather resources might be able to create things in larger amounts or of higher quality then the average player would. I know that I really hope that it will allow for the people who prefer trader professions in SWG will still find a home in ToR.
Fravacca
Fravacca

Back to top Go down

Post  Drhanz Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:26 am

i kinda liked how they did trader in swg, so if its a similar system i think thatd be kinda cool

although id rather go without makin thosands upon thosands of wall modules and crap to level it
Drhanz
Drhanz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum